THE PADSTOW TOWN COUNCIL (OFF-STREET PARKING PLACES) ORDER 2021
NOTICE OF MAKING
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that on the 25 February 2021 Padstow Town Council (hereinafter referred to as “The Council”) in exercise of its powers under Sections 35, 57 and 59 (and Part IV of Schedule 9) of the Road Traffic Regulations Act 1984 (hereinafter referred to as “the 1984 Act”) and the Traffic Management Act 2004 and of all other enabling powers, and after consultation with the Chief Officer of Police in accordance with Part III of Schedule 9 of the 1984 Act, and with the consent of the Cornwall Council given under Section 59 of the 1984 Act, has made the above Order.
The Order will come into force on the 1 March 2021.
A Notice setting out the Council’s proposals was published in the Cornish Guardian newspaper and locally displayed on 3 February 2021.
The effect of the Order is:
- to revoke The Padstow Town Council (Off-Street Parking Places) Order 2015;
- to make and enact The Padstow Town Council (Off-Street Parking Places ) Order 2021;
- to remove the summer and winter scale of charges in the Railway Car Park and the Lawns Car Park, Padstow and implement a single scale of charges of £1 for 1 hour, £3 for 2 hours, £4 for 3 hours, £6 for 4 hours, £8 for 12 hours, £10 for 24 hours and a fee for coaches of £8 for up to 4 hours aiming to commence 1 March 2021;
- to remove excess charges from the Order and implement Penalty Charges for enforcement in the Railway Car Park and Lawns Car Park, Padstow using the following charging structure: for a higher level contravention £70 (£35 where paid within 14 days; £105 if paid after service of charge certificate) and for a lower level contravention £50 (£25 where paid within 14 days; £75 if paid after service of charge certificate);
- to make other minor amendments to the 2015 Order.
The Order may be examined on the Town Council website: https://padstow-tc.gov.uk/your-council/town-council-car-parks/general-information/ For those without online access hard copies can be obtained by contacting the Council office by telephone on 01841 532296 or by email to email@example.com.
Dated 26 February 2021 - Kathy Pemberton Town Clerk for Padstow Town Council, Station House, Station Road, Padstow PL28 8DA
To view this notice as a pdf click Notice of Making 2021.
Click on the links below to view the consultation documents, the 2021 Order and the 2015 Order.