NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that Padstow Town Council (hereinafter referred to as “The Council”) proposes to make a new Order in exercise of its powers under Sections 35, 57 and 59 (and Part IV of Schedule 9) of the Road Traffic Regulations Act 1984 (hereinafter referred to as “the 1984 Act”) and the Traffic Management Act 2004 and of all other enabling powers, and after consultation with the Chief Officer of Police in accordance with Part III of Schedule 9 of the 1984 Act, and with the consent of the Cornwall Council given under Section 59 of the 1984 Act,
The Council proposes:
- to revoke The Padstow Town Council (Off-Street Parking Places) Order 2015;
- to make and enact The Padstow Town Council (Off-Street Parking Places ) Order 2021;
- to remove the summer and winter scale of charges in the Railway Car Park and the Lawns Car Park, Padstow and implement a single scale of charges of £1 for 1 hour, £3 for 2 hours, £4 for 3 hours, £6 for 4 hours, £8 for 12 hours, £10 for 24 hours and a fee for coaches of £8 for up to 4 hours aiming to commence 1 March 2021;
- to remove excess charges from the Order and implement Penalty Charges for enforcement in the Railway Car Park and Lawns Car Park, Padstow using the following charging structure: for a higher level contravention £70 (£35 where paid within 14 days; £105 if paid after service of charge certificate) and for a lower level contravention £50 (£25 where paid within 14 days; £75 if paid after service of charge certificate);
- to make other minor amendments to the 2015 Order.
A copy of the draft Order and the Order of 2015 together with maps of the car parks concerned and a Statement of Reasons for proposing to make this Order can be inspected on the Town Council website: https://padstow-tc.gov.uk/car-park-order-consultation-2021/ For those without online access hard copies can be obtained by contacting the Council office by telephone on 01841 532296 or by email to email@example.com.
If you wish to object to this proposed Order you should state your reasons in writing to the Town Clerk by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to the address below by 24 February 2021.
Dated 3 February 2021 – Kathy Pemberton Town Clerk for Padstow Town Council, Station House, Station Road, Padstow PL28 8DA
Download this notice as a PDF here.