Due to the coronavirus COVID-19 the Council met on Tuesday 24 March 2020 to discuss and decide on matters relating to business continuity during the period of the pandemic. The Government’s advice is to reduce social interaction between people and gatherings in order to reduce the transmission of coronavirus.
Following advice from the Cornwall Association of Local Councils, the Town Council resolved to adopt a mechanism during this time without the need to hold meetings, so that the Town Council and the public can still be consulted
- Padstow Town Council webpage will be updated regularly with applications the Council are being consulted on, this will state the deadline for public to submit their comments to the Town Council (which will be at least five days from date it is uploaded). Please note it is also advised that you provide your comments to Cornwall Council as well as our Council, as Cornwall Council are the planning authority.
- Following the deadline for public comments, a summary of these will be sent to all Councillors, giving them 5 working days to provide their comments to the Clerk (or delegated officer in her absence).
- Then under the Emergency Scheme of Delegation, as approved by Full Council on 24 March, the Clerk in consultation with the Chairman and Vice/Chairman will agree a Council response considering all comments they have received.
- All responses sent to Cornwall Council will start with ‘Due to the restrictions placed on Council as a result of the pandemic Coronavirus, this response represents the opinion of members of Padstow Town Council identified through a consultation process and will be ratified at the next appropriate meeting of the Council.’
- The Council response will be uploaded to this webpage.
Padstow Town Council will endeavour to keep the public updated on this webpage of the Planning applications in our parish, however please note Cornwall Council are the main planning authority and they will decide on applications even if Padstow Town Council has not been able to submit a response.
To view applications documents
please follow the link: http://planning.cornwall.gov.uk/online-applications and enter the application number in the box and press search. Details can then be found under the ‘Documents’ tab.
To submit comments
please email comments to firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of the Town Clerk by the deadline date stated for each application in the table below. Please also send your comments to Cornwall Council via Planning@cornwall.gov.uk