Whatever your plans are this Halloween make sure you stay safe. Devon and Cornwall Police have issued their 6 top tips for young people trick-or-treating this year:
- Always be accompanied by an adult when you are trick-or-treating.
- You should only go to houses of people that you know and who are happy for you to call.
- Stay safe, keep to places that you know and are well lit. Do not take short cuts through gardens, alleyways or parks.
- Watch out for traffic – drivers might not see you.
- If you are wearing a mask make sure that you can see where you are going and are aware of your surroundings.
- Carry a torch and a fully charged mobile phone (if you have one).
If you’re not trick-or-treating and don’t want and visitiors this year, don’t forget the Sorry… No trick, or treat this Halloween campaign. By displaying the campaign poster below on your front door or window you can let everybody know that you do not want to be bothered.
For Devon and Cornwall Police’s full advice visit https://www.devon-cornwall.police.uk/advice/community-concerns/halloween-advice/