Seagulls are in the middle of their nesting season (May – July). They are not only attracted to good nesting sites but to areas with a good food supply.
Seagull proof sacks (as pictured below) for domestic waste are available from the Town Council office for £3.50 each.
Cornwall Council offer the following advice:
- Don’t feed the gulls
- Don’t leave lids off bins
- Don’t put rubbish out too early
- Do cover rubbish sacks to prevent attack by gulls or other pests
- Seagull proof rubbish sacks can be purchased from One Stop Shops or the Town Council
- Don’t drop litter
- Avoid eating in the street.
Further deterrent advice to households for next season can be found here.