A number of homes across the UK are planning to celebrate this date, as it marks the 75th anniversary of the end of the war in Europe, here are some ideas:
- Decorate your home/garden in red, white and blue. You can print and colour in your own bunting, BBC have a template click here.
- 11am Nations Two Minute Silence
- 11.15am join the facebook livestream by the Royal British Legion, where they share stories and memories from those who served in WWII. facebook event link: https://www.facebook.com/events/2861041347349144/
- 3pm raise a glass and join in the Nation’s Toast to the Heroes of WWII with the words “To those who gave so much, we thank you”
- 9pm UK-wide rendition of Dame Vera Lynn’s ‘We’ll Meet Again’. BBC One will be featuring the singalong as part of their VE Day broadcast so get practicing now! Visit Royal British Legion website for more information and a copy of the words by clicking link here
As we face some of the most challenging times since the end of the Second World War, now more than ever it is important to unite. Reflect, celebrate and show support.